top of page

Dixon/Solano RCD

Water Quality Coalition

If you have received a letter from the Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board (Regional Board), your parcel has been identified as needing coverage in the Irrigated Lands Regulatory Program (ILRP) or you have failed to comply with the requirements of the ILRP. (Farm reporting)

1. DO NOT IGNORE THE LETTER. First, be sure to read the letter carefully and respond by the date on the letter.

2. If you have not completed your farm reporting, complete it and verify its completion with your Coalition representative. For Dixon/Solano members call Martha at (707) 678-1655 x103. 

3. If you are receiving a letter because they believe you need coverage in the ILRP,  if you irrigate, regardless of water source, cultivate, farm your land or have pasture for grazing, and your property is commercial, the State of CA considers you a waste discharger so you have two choices:


a. Work directly with the Regional Board and get a individual permit.  The cost of the permit, water quality monitoring and all farm reporting paperwork required is the responsibility of the landowner. For details go to:


b. Join a Coalition. When you join the Dixon/Solano RCD Water Quality Coalition, a subwatershed of the SVWQC-Sacramento Valley Water Quality Coalition, it works like a group permit .  The current annual membership fees are $3.75 per irrigated/acre. (The cost starts from the date of land purchase or the beginning of irrigation so the per acre fee may be different for the initial enrollment.)

4. If you are not irrigating (cultivating, farming, grazing) your property for commercial purposes, notify the Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board. The Regional Board will ask for an exemption form to be completed. Like we said earlier, please do not ignore the letter.  


All of the Coalition membership fees collected from the landowners are used for the administration of the program, water quality monitoring, data analysis and report writing by third-party consultants, training and workshops. Overall, the Coalition has proved to be much more cost effective for the landowners than an individual permit.  Fees for memberships are collected on an    as-needed basis for the Coalition's operational costs.  For more details see the IRRGATED LANDS page of this website or contact Martha McKeen at (707) 678-1655 x103.


Thank you. 

bottom of page