Water Quality Coalition
Event Videos and Presentations
Groundwater Workshop Presentations
When: Took place on January 24, 2023
1. Solano Groundwater Sustainability Plan: An overview and update
– Chris Lee, Solano County Water Agency
2. Sacramento Valley Watersheds: Regional collaborative approaches to maintaining and improving groundwater quality
– Vicki Kretsinger Grabert, Luhdorff & Scalmanini Consulting Engineers
3. Nitrogen fate during agricultural managed aquifer recharge: Linking plant response, hydrologic, and geochemical processes
– Dr. Helen E. Dahlke, UC Davis
4. Well decommissioning, wellhead protection and the “slow it-spread it-sink it-store it” concept with NRCS
– Carolyn M. Jones, NRCS
5. Soil amendments for nitrogen and water management: cover crops, compost and biochar
– Amy King, Solano RCD
6. Using thermal imaging drones for agricultural purposes
– Kevin Young-Lai, Solano RCD
Perennial Cover Crops in Orchards and Vineyards:
Water availability, seed selection, and soil health*
When: Took place on March 24, 2022
Listen to speakers from Le Ballister’s Seed, UC Davis and Solano RCD for a discussion of perennial cover crops in perennial cropping systems, how to choose the mix that is right for you, and local resources for irrigation trouble-shooting, financial assistance programs, and water conservation incentives.
Building Healthy Soils and Creating Wildlife Habitat on Your Farm
Sponsor: Solano RCD
When: Took place on January 26, 2021
VFB SHARE Farm Demo #1 - Pheromone Disruption & Orchard Sanitation
The Valley Farm Bureau Specialty crop Hub and Rural Education (SHARE) program sponsored a farm demonstration event on Puffer Technology for pheromone uses to disrupt mating of insects in figs.
When: Took place on April 29, 2021
Managing Goatgrass on Annual Rangeland: A presentation by Scott Oneto of UC Cooperative Extension
An online program to map weeds, presented by Cynthia Powell
(Starts at 24:00)
Video of the 2021 All-Member's Meeting
Cover Cropping in Orchards: N Management,
Water Dynamics, and Biosolarization
CAFF and the Sacramento Valley Technical Assistance Hub welcome you to a free discussion on cover crop management in orchard systems. North Sac Valley almond and walnut grower Rory Crowley and UC Cooperative Specialist Jeff Mitchell will be speaking on cover crop management in relation to nitrogen impacts on water balance, in addition to biosolarization for nematode suppression. Practical management considerations and research trial findings will also be discussed. CAFF’s Sacramento Valley TA Hub is sponsored by the California Farm Demonstration Network.
When: Took place on July 13th, 2021
Cattle, Carbon & Compost
A CDFA Healthy Soils Program workshop
Sponsor: Yolo RCD
Video of the All-Member's Meeting from November 8, 2021.
It is approximately one hour. Questions from the meeting
Video of the 2020 All-Member's Meeting
Note: This a recorded video of the All-Members Meeting from November 5, 2020, The first 6 minutes has some feedback noise but that is resolved for the remainder of the approximately 50 minute video.